You are here
Focused on Government
Since 1976, Coast has had one focus: to be the most effective collection agency in the industry. We understand our clients, how they operate, and their need for their agencies to be successful in recovery and service to their consumers. Our goal is to assist government agencies increase their revenues, which allow them to reduce their budget deficits.
Our representatives are well-trained and experienced in collecting government receivables, and understand how to approach each consumer with professionalism. Our memberships and active participation in both government associations and collection industry associations enable the Coast team to keep abreast of updates to regulations and changes in the industry, which ensures that our clients are updated and remain compliant. We are active participants in many national associations, including ACA International as well as many regional and state-level associations.
We successfully collect for over 200 clients, including government agencies and the United States Department of Education. Our executive team alone has more than a century of combined experience in collections.
- Compliance with all applicable state and local rules and regulations
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Red Flag Rules (FTC)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
Areas of Specialization
- All debts owed to federal, state, and local governments
- Employee Overpayments
- Licensing Fees
- Unemployment Overpayments
- Other government-related debt